Orange Cream Eggs Recipe (Vegan)
We hope you will just love this simple recipe. Preparing these melt-in-your-mouth delights is an activity that can involve even the young ones. Let your imagination go thinking up ways to decorate these. Enlist the children’s help to roll the eggs by hand. No need to spend money on molds to make chocolate eggs!
It is so much fun making up recipes for the family and friends and since we won’t be producing these ourselves, we’d like to at least share the recipe with you.
- 1/2 cup Coconut Nectar
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 3 cups Icing Sugar (organic cane sugar)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3-10 drops of orange essential oil- to taste
- desired amount of your favourite chocolate
1) Blend the wet ingredients together first: melted coconut oil, coconut nectar and vanilla, plus a few drops of essential oil.
2) Sift icing sugar and salt into the wet mixture. (Taste and add more orange oil if desired.)
– add a little more melted coconut oil if mixture is too dry. However note it does take a bit of mixing as the icing sugar takes a couple of minutes to absorb.
3) Chill in fridge or freezer for 30 minutes to a couple of hours.
4) Shape into balls/eggs and put into freezer till firm again. (The high amount of coconut oil means they soften quickly if handled).
5) Dip using two forks in melted chocolate (keep temp low, just enough to melt slowly). Place on parchment paper and chill in fridge for at last another 15 -30 minutes.
6) Package up as desired and enjoy!
Note: always choose organic ingredients when possible.
Chocolate needs to be fair trade (direct trade even better). Whether it is ‘certified’ or not is another story, however the point is know the source of your food. Since we only make treats that are grain/gluten free and also free of soy, corn & dairy, we only use a dairy free chocolate- dark- YUM!